Roofing/Roofing contractor has passed away

Question
Hello,

I have a signed contract for roofing done in 2006 with a 10-year warranty on workmanship. We may have a leak and another professional has cited and photographed poor shingling work. I did some research and discovered our roofer (company owner) died in 2011.

All company numbers are no longer in service.

Just wondering what my options are?

This is in Wisconsin.
Thanks!

Answer
Unless you have a way to get in touch with him in the afterlife I'd say you have no options.

If the company no longer exists there is nothing you can do- companies go out of business all the time  (planned or unplanned) and they leave customers, guarantors and creditors short. I still have a $100.00 Beefsteak Charlie's gift certificate, I won it in a raffle at my junior high school; it's worth less than the paper it's written on.

Sorry I couldn't help.  

Roofing

Tom Petrilli