Roofing/gap

Question
gap
gap  
Hello
Our roofer just finished combination shingles and flat roof ( IB system). Please see some pictures of the gaps and holes that were left in the shingle where they meet the chimneys or the blocks.  I asked about this and he said it's ok as there are layers underneath.    Also, the edge of the shingles that come in contact ( not overlapping) with the flat IB system part of the roof, are not attached in a way that I can't lift a row.  I can lift the row of shingles about 3 or 4 inches , just the edge.  Is this ok?  

We did have the old roof entirely removed.  What do you think?  

Thank you,   Gabe

Answer
The picture is too close-up to tell what I'm looking at. I do see a gap but I can't tell what the overall idea was. Certainly gaps are not good but some gaps in shingles are OK. The line about the layers underneath does not sound good. If it's the layers underneath stopping the water then why put the top layer on. It would be cheaper to just use the layers underneath to keep the water out. So that one is double-talk.

brad

Roofing

Brad Zacharia