Roofing/Roof Calculation

Question
Roof
Roof  
Hello
With reference to the following details for my proposed roof plan  attached, can assist me with sketching and computing the following below for my roof.

Details:
Drawn to a scale 1/8"=1' and with an overhang of 3'can you assist me with sketching a hip roof for a 4/12 slope or a 1/6 pitch and computing the following:
1. common rafter length
2. hip rafter length
3. jack rafter length
4. number of galvanize sheets
5. also how much labor and how much/type materials would be required
Any additional info required please let me know

Answer
Sam,

I am afraid the extent of your questions are not so easily answered. Much of what you seek would need to be designed by a Structural Engineer. As for the roof, the overall size may vary depending on the final framing design. Based upon the dimensions provided, the roof area would be approximately 1700 square feet or 17 roofing squares.

The actual framing members (size and length), the manner of designed slope and roofing materials have much to do with the building location, any applicable Building Codes and what occupancy is planned for the building. My best recommendation is to engage a Structural Engineer or Architect to accomplish the basic building's structural elements.

I hope this information is of some help to you.

Steven C. Wadding RRC,RRO,CDT

Roofing

Steven C. Wadding RRC,RRO,CDT