Roofing/Ceiling Leak

There is a ceiling leak so ceiling tiles at leak were taken off
To see where leak was coming from. Above  ceiling is both s flat metal roof which we then had repaired and roofer rolled during snow a new metal area over where he saw a small 3" hole and later caulked seams on metal roof when leak continued. Walk up attic above that abutes metal roof in slanted way you can see what looks like daylight but when you drop a nail where you see the.light, it falls thru that ceiling!??
On the flat roof looking where the slanted SLATE roof angles toward the flat roof, they do not see any gap but again, caulked the entire area.  Roofer stumped and although he guarantees Labour told me only to a point...he now wants to pull last two rows of slate and putt shingles to see if that will stop leak.I do have a hole in the gutter on an adjoining side of the house but he said not relative. Also half a slate is missing on front door of the house but told not related to far back side and the slate roof is the angled type. Frustrated I have given roofer $600.00 and problem not resolved.  He does not want me to call someone else to get another opinion but I do not know if I should allow him to alter the roof last two rows in the back if he does not know where leak is Ttyl l it from. FINALLY, looking at ceiling there is s black paper like material that the water seems to come underneath of if that helps. Any advice appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Rooftime Cincinnati Angies List 2013
Rooftime Cincinnati An  

Rooftime Cincinnati A+ Rated BBB Roofer
Rooftime Cincinnati A+  
Hello. I know that a leak is frustrating, and sympathies to you...

Not sure why he is resisting another opinion...sounds a little odd to me.

As to location. I can only tel,l you how my company #anewrooftime, #Cincinnati handles this type of call.

We do a Controlled Water Test.
We charge 300 for the test, and then whatever else is needed to make a repair.
A water test is basically your hose, on a controlled feed, with two of our men conducting the test in small sections to force the leak to appear.

Without being there myself to see, even with your great descriptions, impossible for me to advise, other than to suggest, a water test is the next step before anymore work is performed.

Good luck to you!  

Dale Rooftime Shoemaker

Follow us on TWITTER: search Dale Rooftime Follow us on FACEBOOK: search Dale Rooftime Shoemaker A residential roofing specialist. Owens Corning Preferred Contractor 2010-2012 Owens Corning Top Of The House Certified 2010-2012 Velux Skylights Certified Installer 2008-09. Box Gutter craftsman. Coppermsmith / Tinner. Certified EPA Asbestos Handler GAF Master Elite Contractor ELK 2006 Roofer of the Year / Midwest Region Owens Corning Preferred Contractor-1996 Certainteed Lifetime Wizard Certainteed Shingle Master Certainteed Quality Master Angie's List Super Service Award winner: 2006-2007-2008-2009 Press Community Paper, Cincinnati's Favorite Roofer 2009

A second generation roofer, working my son into the business now! We are certified FIBERGLASS insulation installers. We sell and install PINK FIBERGLASS loose-fill and Radiant Barriers. We are Cincinnati - Northern Kentucky's "GREEN" contrcator: recycling our waste material, lowering home energy costs, improving our world one job at a time!

National Roofing Contractors Association, National Roofing Contractors Association, Midwest Roofing Contractors Association, Kentucky Roofing Contractors Association, Ohio Roofing Contractors Association, Tri-state Roofing Contractors Association, HBA-NKY, BBB, Angies List, Professional Roofers Advisory Council 10 Year Member

Professional Roofers Magazine, Slaters Journal, Press Community Paper

GAF Roof School 2005 MRCA Shingle Course 2006

Angie's List Super Service Award Winner 2006, 2007, 2008

WLWT, Gold Star, Auto Zone, Ryans Allglass, McAlpins, Wendy's, Quick Stop,