Roofing/Roofing underlayment

Question
Florida, the correct way to install underlayment.What type should i use on a mobile home with a 3/12 slope

Answer
Randy,
On a slope of 3/12 you will need to install a double layer of underlayment (two-layers) to comply with the building code. Here is a great link http://www.ehow.com/how_6447160_install-roll-roofing-underlayment.html that will describe the proper installation method of underlayment. You can also look on the manufacturer's website of the underlayment for their specific instructions. You asked about what type to use - it really depends on the type of covering you are going to install. I'm assuming that shingles will be the roof covering - if that is true a double layer of 30# underlayment would be great! There are also synthetic underlayments, and lighter (15#) that can be used, however I would recommend traditional methods - thus the 30#.
Good Luck!
Aaron

Roofing

Aaron Nelson