Roofing/Orange County Roof Repair Experts

Question
Dear Brian,

My house's in FL, it's 6 yr old. The roof is curved tile made of concrete (I've been told). There's an area in a corner that's designed so the rain runs down. That area has no tile, only roof paper. I don't know if it has tar or not, it's the same paper they install in the roof, under the tiles. I want to protect this paper with some coating. Is should protect the paper, be waterproof, UV resistent, and inhibit mold or other organism growth. I know there are some boat paints that have all those characteristics. A friend of mine recommended to use elastomeric paint, and I was thinking about tar or something like that. Would you please explain the pros and cons and recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Answer
Good morning Rick,

They have a lot of roof coating for you to choose from and I have pretty much used them all.  Some perform well some don't.  The only problem I have noticed is some peal off very soon after application.

Here's one we like but you may have to call a roofing distributor to find or call their customer service number to find a retailer near you.

This stuff is really good.

http://www.gacoretail.com/gacoroof.html

Roofing

Brian Atkins