Roofing/Roofer causes leak

I contracted to have a new roof installed on my vacation home. The roofer removed all the shingles, covered it with blue tarp and left it that away for 2 weeks. During that time it rained and the tarp leaked badly. There is water damage on ceilings, signs of water in the walls, wet insulation and so on. The roofer is downplaying as 'not a big deal' but I know it is. What would you recommend? Thank You

I apologize for not getting to your question sooner. I have been traveling a great deal.

Your contractor should carry insurance for this sort of possibility and damage.  You need to contact his insurance company who will work with you to hire a contractor or restoration company to assess the damages and make any necessary repairs. This should include drying out or replacing wet insulation, and replacing water stained drywall.

Todd E. Miller

I am available to answer any questions pertaining to residential (or other sloped) metal roofing. I have knowledge of most available products but I like to approach projects from a "needs" basis and analyze them individually. Additionally, I can answer most questions about building ventilation.

I have worked for a manufacturer of residential metal roofing since 1980. I currently serve as President and have been involved with a wide variety of projects of all types across the world.

I am a board member for Metal Construction Association, Metal Roofing Alliance, the local United Way, our church, and our son's school.

Over the years, I have had articles appear in several trade journals including RSI, Remodeling, and Qualified Remodeler.

I have a B.A. in Communications and have also completed three years of training with the E-Myth Academy.