Roofing/Funnel outlet

Funnel gutter outlet
Funnel gutter outlet  
Hello: I am in an area that has mature elm trees that drop seeds like snow in the summer,and my gutters require cleaning every couple of weeks or so.I found a product called a K Funnel(see image attached),which works by increasing the size of the gutter outlet opening.In your opinion,do these things reduce the need to clean gutters? Local eavestrough companies don't install them,as they don't think they work.
I want to try something relatively inexpensive before looking at installing gutter covers.Your thoughts,thanks!

It won't do anything. If you have that much debris then the entire gutter gets filled. Having a bigger outlet will just keep that one spot cleared and even then it might still pile up over the outlet. What about the rest of the debris sitting right near the outlet and all the up the rest of the gutter? What's going to move that debris? Go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy some gutter guards. They're not too bad and cost 1/100th the price of the fancy stuff

Brad Zacharia

All aspects of residential Roofing. This includes shingles and flat (low slope) roofs. I have knowledge in the installation as well as the design of roofs from an engineering standpoint.

I have been doing roofing for 40 years. This was my father's business and I took it over in 1980.

I have written responses to artcles that I felt needed a response to and those responses have been published in roofing trade magazines.

BSEE Drexel University