Roofing/Gutter extensions

Question
Hello: I bought some 10' aluminum gutter extensions to get rainwater further away from my foundation.A recent heavy rain sent so much water into my weeping tiles that the sump pump couldn't handle the flow.The only problem is the extensions leak quite badly at the joints.I have played with the slope of the extensions,but that doesn't really help all that much.I would also like something that allows me to easily remove the extensions for the winter,and when I mow the lawn.Please give me some suggestions.
Thanks!

Answer
Extensions have to be installed so the water flows downhill over the joint in the extension joint (overlap). If the gutter is overlapped improperly then it will leak at all the joints.

You can also buy a plastic flexible extension (like an accordion)that will drain the water away from the foundation.it is usually made of white plastic and would be either round or square in shape.

Check out Lowes or Home Depot for a downspout extension.
All the best.

Roofing

D. John Henderson