Roofing/Falling sheetrock since installation of new roof

Question
My home is 30 years old. In 2010 I had a new roof installed. Since the replacement of the roof, the sheetrock in my double car garage has been falling leaving gigantic holes in the ceiling. The problem is now occurring in other rooms of the house. The problem begins at the seams of the sheetrock, and before too long the sheetrock begins to fall one piece at a time. Is my problem with the falling sheetrock related to the roof installed in 2010. Prior to the new roof this one not a problem.

Answer
Kathy,

I am sorry for your troubles!  Unfortunately I am unable to evaluate your concern via text.  I would suggest that you are right to consider a connection between the falling sheetrock and the new roof, however what that link might be can be elusive.

I suggest you engage a roof consultant in your area for a site visit and quick evaluation, unless you trust your roofer and think that they would give you a straight answer on what they think the issue might be.  Go to www.rci-online.org to find a qualified consultant in your area.

If you could take a photo or two of the condition and an up close shot of the roof side of the fallen sheetrock, I may be able to offer a little more assistance.

Bruce Ryan II, RRO
Professional Roof Consultants, Inc.

Roofing

Bruce A. Ryan II, RRO