Roofing/Falling sheetrock since installation of new roof

My home is 30 years old. In 2010 I had a new roof installed. Since the replacement of the roof, the sheetrock in my double car garage has been falling leaving gigantic holes in the ceiling. The problem is now occurring in other rooms of the house. The problem begins at the seams of the sheetrock, and before too long the sheetrock begins to fall one piece at a time. Is my problem with the falling sheetrock related to the roof installed in 2010. Prior to the new roof this one not a problem.

I am sorry for your troubles!  Unfortunately I am unable to evaluate your concern via text.  I would suggest that you are right to consider a connection between the falling sheetrock and the new roof, however what that link might be can be elusive.

I suggest you engage a roof consultant in your area for a site visit and quick evaluation, unless you trust your roofer and think that they would give you a straight answer on what they think the issue might be.  Go to to find a qualified consultant in your area.

If you could take a photo or two of the condition and an up close shot of the roof side of the fallen sheetrock, I may be able to offer a little more assistance.

Bruce Ryan II, RRO
Professional Roof Consultants, Inc.

Bruce A. Ryan II, RRO

I offer solid knowlege of all types of Commercial and Residential Roofing, Waterproofing, and, Building Envelope systems. Experience ranges across low slope and steep slope roof systems. I am also well versed in matters regarding condensation and ventilation. I enjoy donating some of my time and knowledge to the betterment of others.

Bruce Ryan has 20 years of roofing, waterproofing, and building envelope consulting experience with PRC, with 5 years of commercial roofing experience prior to joining the firm. He became Vice President of the company in 1998. Bruce Ryan plays a key role in the development of practical, long-term roofing and waterproofing solutions, along with implementation of on-site forensic studies. Bruce also has a high level of experience with regard to the impacts of roofing materials and construction for demanding clients with heavily occupied structures.

Oregon Construction Contractors Board Construction Specifiers Institute National Roofing Contractors Association The Institute of Roofing, Waterproofing, & Building Envelope Professionals Oregon Board of Investigators Installation Masters

University of Maryland BS Business & Administration Registered Roof Observer - RCI Private Investigator Certified EIFS inspector - Northwest Wall and Ceiling Bureau Certified InstallationMaster™ - The Installation Masters™ Training and Certification Program (developed by American Architectural Manufacturers Association)