Roofing/flar mobile home or replace?

Hello hope yr day is well....
Here the problem, i purchased a cheap mobilie home,
Had home inspector.he said roof good for anothr 5_10years.
Roof had leake dprior to buying.inside sheetrock sloped.
Removed it.inside when i push wi th broom one aea of the
Plywood pushes up a little.
On top whrn u walk on roof very of house is fine
Problem exists in living room / kitchen area....

The reason why you have areas in the living room / kitchen area might be due to the high build-up of moisture while cooking. If there is no exhaust fan to the outside, there is the reason.

Definitely replace the areas where the plywood has rotted out of feels structurally unsound. A new roof would be a great idea along with ventilation for the kitchen if there is none.

Carlisle Syntec has a roofing system for mobile homes, you may want to look at that approach.

All the best.

D. John Henderson

My 33 years in the building science business has involved air barriers, waterproofing, and flat & steep slope roofing systems.

My roofing encompasses commercial systems (BUR, mod-bit, single-ply) and residential applications (asphalt shingles, cedar shingles, slate and metal. I am cognizant of code stipulations in regards to FM and UL for commercial roofs.

Attended numerous courses offerd by Roof Consultants Institute, Roofing Industry Educational Institute, Factory Mutual Research Corporation, University of Wisconsin, and BURSI. Lectured for RCI and mentored at a local university for a Building Science Certificate.

Government, commercial businesses such as The GAP, hospitals, school boards as a roof designer.