Roofing/Roofing code

Question
Is ice & water shield required when replacing a roof or overlaying a roof in ohio especially in Galion, Ohio?

Answer
Steve,
I'm assuming that this is for a steep-slope roof. If so you should install a self-adhered sheet that extends a minimum of 2' to the interior of any exterior wall. Typically one will start with the self-adhered sheet (Ice & Water Shield is a trade name and you can use any manufacturer's sheet) at the eave edge and install a run or two, followed by the standard underlayment. This method will help prevent any moisture intrusion due to ice-damming.
Good luck,
Aaron

Roofing

Aaron Nelson