Roofing/roof jacks

Question
I am a 30 year sheetmetal contractor biding an overlay on a 4:12 existing comp roof.
         I want to utilize most of the existing roof jacks. I would like to overlay with #30 felt and 30 year shingles.
         The city said that would be ok if I removed the jacks and reinstalled them in the new roof. Unless I could get a specification sheet from the manufacturer.
Does this exist? or should I buy new jacks and simply slip them over the old ones. Dave Dublin CA

Answer
Dave,
I'm assuming that you are referring to the lead jacks at pipe penetrations? There really is not a specification sheet for the lead jacks that I know of. I would recommend that the existing leads be removed and new leads installed. Following the installation of the lead jack, the lead cap should be installed to prevent water from entering between the lead and the pipe.
Good luck,
Aaron

Roofing

Aaron Nelson