Roofing/roof jacks

I am a 30 year sheetmetal contractor biding an overlay on a 4:12 existing comp roof.
         I want to utilize most of the existing roof jacks. I would like to overlay with #30 felt and 30 year shingles.
         The city said that would be ok if I removed the jacks and reinstalled them in the new roof. Unless I could get a specification sheet from the manufacturer.
Does this exist? or should I buy new jacks and simply slip them over the old ones. Dave Dublin CA

I'm assuming that you are referring to the lead jacks at pipe penetrations? There really is not a specification sheet for the lead jacks that I know of. I would recommend that the existing leads be removed and new leads installed. Following the installation of the lead jack, the lead cap should be installed to prevent water from entering between the lead and the pipe.
Good luck,

Aaron Nelson

All types of questions with regard to roofing, waterproofing and sheet metal. This includes commercial and residential buildings, along with the various aspects of the construction means and methods, ventilation, steep-slope or low-slope, code requirements, installation errors and other such problems

I started in roofing fabricating and installing sheet metal flashings out of high school for a large commercial contractor. I worked for the same contractor in the office estimating and project managing commercial project for 10 years. I left the construction side of roofing and now work as a roof consultant, which I have been doing for 8-years.

RCI, Inc.

I am a Registered Roof Consultant (RRC) and a Registered Roof Observer (RRO) through RCI, Inc. RCI is a international group of building envelope professionals. I am an approved instructor for RCI educational programs.

We have worked with many local school districts, insurance companies, HOA's, building management companies, and we have a national client with buildings located throughout the US.