Roofing/Roof repair

Question
How would a roofer typically repair a sunken area on a nearly flat
roof, near the gutter?

Answer
You would have to first found out if the roof is stable or not. If it is not stable and it is continually sinking then if you fix it it will just keep sagging. You also have to make sure that the sagging is not due to broken joists that might eventually snap and collapse inside.

If it is not stable then you have to rip it all up and see what's going on inside to fix it. You might be able to rip the ceiling down on the inside to check it out.

If stable you can add plywood but that will leave a lip. Best thing is to rip up plywood, nail on 2x3s to the joists but set them at the proper height and then put new plywood down.

Brad

Roofing

Brad Zacharia