Bruce Hi,  IM LOOKING to re-shingle my roof with asphalt shingles and would like to know which shingles to use.  There are many manufactures.  Also the cost for a ripoff and replacement  2000 square feet. Replacementof 10 sheets of plywood.  I live on Long Island NY.  Finally is there a time of the year whereI can get a better deal, is fall better then summer or spring.  I appreciate your help Kenny.

We don't make manufacturer recommendations.  Stick with the major manufacturers with name recognition and you should be just fine.  Remember you get what you pay for in almost all circumstances.

I am unable to give you an idea of cost as much is based on your specific conditions and site access. I am not familiar with the cost of business in your region as well.

Contractors tend to be less busy in the fall and winter, but you have more risk of weather related issues.  Bid the job to several contractors, give them a specific scope of work so you can compare costs.  I would be hesitant to take the lowest bidder if there is a significant gap between the next highest bidder.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Bruce Ryan II, RRO
Professional Roof Consultants, Inc.

Bruce A. Ryan II, RRO

I offer solid knowlege of all types of Commercial and Residential Roofing, Waterproofing, and, Building Envelope systems. Experience ranges across low slope and steep slope roof systems. I am also well versed in matters regarding condensation and ventilation. I enjoy donating some of my time and knowledge to the betterment of others.

Bruce Ryan has 20 years of roofing, waterproofing, and building envelope consulting experience with PRC, with 5 years of commercial roofing experience prior to joining the firm. He became Vice President of the company in 1998. Bruce Ryan plays a key role in the development of practical, long-term roofing and waterproofing solutions, along with implementation of on-site forensic studies. Bruce also has a high level of experience with regard to the impacts of roofing materials and construction for demanding clients with heavily occupied structures.

Oregon Construction Contractors Board Construction Specifiers Institute National Roofing Contractors Association The Institute of Roofing, Waterproofing, & Building Envelope Professionals Oregon Board of Investigators Installation Masters

University of Maryland BS Business & Administration Registered Roof Observer - RCI Private Investigator Certified EIFS inspector - Northwest Wall and Ceiling Bureau Certified InstallationMaster™ - The Installation Masters™ Training and Certification Program (developed by American Architectural Manufacturers Association)