Roofing/metal roofing

Do certain kinds of metal roofing prevent ice dams

The short answer is no. The type of roofing product does not prevent ice damming. A properly installed roof may prevent moisture intrusion from the effects of an ice dam but the roofing does not prevent it.
Proper insulation and ventilation helps to prevent the occurrence of ice dams. Try doing a quick internet search and you will see many articles about ice dams and how they occur.

Aaron Nelson

All types of questions with regard to roofing, waterproofing and sheet metal. This includes commercial and residential buildings, along with the various aspects of the construction means and methods, ventilation, steep-slope or low-slope, code requirements, installation errors and other such problems

I started in roofing fabricating and installing sheet metal flashings out of high school for a large commercial contractor. I worked for the same contractor in the office estimating and project managing commercial project for 10 years. I left the construction side of roofing and now work as a roof consultant, which I have been doing for 8-years.

RCI, Inc.

I am a Registered Roof Consultant (RRC) and a Registered Roof Observer (RRO) through RCI, Inc. RCI is a international group of building envelope professionals. I am an approved instructor for RCI educational programs.

We have worked with many local school districts, insurance companies, HOA's, building management companies, and we have a national client with buildings located throughout the US.