Roofing/TPO roof vs torch applied modified cap

I am looking to replace the flat roof on my house in S. Fl, and have had quotes from a few different roofers.  My question is which type of roofing would be best TPO or torch applied modified cap roofing.  The temperature is extremely warm during the summers and we have daily heavy rains to contend with.  Would one type be better than the other?

Everyone will say that their type of roof is the best roof. I prefer Torch-down modified. It's what I got into a long time ago and stayed with it. I have no experience with the others so can't give you first-hand info on them. I don't believe that TPO is as popular as modified

Brad Zacharia

All aspects of residential Roofing. This includes shingles and flat (low slope) roofs. I have knowledge in the installation as well as the design of roofs from an engineering standpoint.

I have been doing roofing for 40 years. This was my father's business and I took it over in 1980.

I have written responses to artcles that I felt needed a response to and those responses have been published in roofing trade magazines.

BSEE Drexel University