Roofing/Venting front porch

Question
I live in Alberta and have a bungalow with a large front porch. I'm residing and removing Buffalo board. My sider wants to remove all sheathing on my porch and just have metal Soffit only. I'm concerned this will make the house cold, increase the noise and other problems. Could you suggest the best way to install and vent soffit area.
Thanks

Answer
You have not given me enough information to even attempt to formulate an answer.
I assume the following:
The front porch soffit is not part of the house and there is no insulation in place between the joists.
The exterior wall of the home projects right up to the sloped roof deck so the soffit space for the porch is independent of the home.
If this is the case how does the portion of the shingle roof above this porch up to the ridge vent as required by code?
You have not denoted as to why the buffalo board on the ceiling in the porch is being removed?
Why does he not just install the metal soffit over it and let the existing constuction stay in place?
Will he havew concerns about snow blowing in if there is any venting into the attic of the home?

Roofing

D. John Henderson