Roofing/Flat roof repair.

I have a small flat roof 4'X17'that needs a coating of something so that it won't start to leak.Do you know of something to put on it?I am just trying to maintain it.Has a rubber membrane on it now.Paint won't syay on it.Thanks!

Generally speaking there is not many coatings that will stick to a rubber roof. You are essentially stuck with removing the roofing and replacing it properly.
I've seen many products attempt to stick to rubber, without any great success. There may be some that have a primer that will allow a coating to stick, but with such a small area you would be far better to just remove it and replace it.
Good luck,

Aaron Nelson

All types of questions with regard to roofing, waterproofing and sheet metal. This includes commercial and residential buildings, along with the various aspects of the construction means and methods, ventilation, steep-slope or low-slope, code requirements, installation errors and other such problems

I started in roofing fabricating and installing sheet metal flashings out of high school for a large commercial contractor. I worked for the same contractor in the office estimating and project managing commercial project for 10 years. I left the construction side of roofing and now work as a roof consultant, which I have been doing for 8-years.

RCI, Inc.

I am a Registered Roof Consultant (RRC) and a Registered Roof Observer (RRO) through RCI, Inc. RCI is a international group of building envelope professionals. I am an approved instructor for RCI educational programs.

We have worked with many local school districts, insurance companies, HOA's, building management companies, and we have a national client with buildings located throughout the US.