Roofing/Moldy concrete roof tiles on newer home

Question
Hi Jesse,
I live in SW Florida on the water, where problems seem to develop quickly. I had my house built less than 3 years ago and already the concrete tile roof is looking sooty and grungy. I'm guessing it is mold and every house seems to be affected. Because my tile is orange, it already looks pretty bad.

The more I read about pressure washing versus 'soft' washing, the more confused I get. Since I know you're from Florida, I suspect you know a great deal about what I'm describing. What would you suggest? Thank you, very much.

Answer
We actually don't do any roof cleaning so this is outside of my expertise, but the tiles are concrete so pressure washing them shouldn't damage them.  Manufacturers suggest not pressuring washing because it'll take off the sealer but if the roof is 3 years old the sealer is most likely all gone by now anyways.  I've only heard that pressure washing shingle roofs is bad because it removes too many of the granules but tile roofs should be fine.

Are you planning on doing it yourself or hiring a company to do it for you?   The concern I'd have would be the walking on the roof and breaking tiles.

Hope this helped,
Jesse

Roofing

Jesse Curry