Roofing/Polarium radiant barrier underlayment

We live in Fort  Worth  and just replaced our roof with a GA Timberline and the Polarium radiant  barrier  underlayment and the attic feels like it's  not getting  enough  air flow. The attic doesn't  seem cooler. Is there a air flow system you would  recommend. We have a variable  roof pitch so we were told a ridge vent wouldn't  work. What  about the whirly bird type?

I don't know what a variable roof pitch has to do with you not being able to use a ridge vent. Whirlybirds are ugly and only used where you can't see them - usually flat roofs. You can try an electric vent but you need to have an intake vent somewhere. You can't suck air out in one place if you don't replace it with other air. Just like you can't suck air out of a bottle unless you make a hole in the other end.

Brad Zacharia

All aspects of residential Roofing. This includes shingles and flat (low slope) roofs. I have knowledge in the installation as well as the design of roofs from an engineering standpoint.

I have been doing roofing for 40 years. This was my father's business and I took it over in 1980.

I have written responses to artcles that I felt needed a response to and those responses have been published in roofing trade magazines.

BSEE Drexel University