Roofing/roofing

Question
Looking for a heat cable to use under metal roofing to prevent ice build up. I have metal metal roofing with a 24" overhang.

Answer
Heat cables are not a good idea on any roof with heavy snowfall.  They tend to thaw the ice and snow at the roof but then continue to freeze above and create ice dams.  I am not familiar with heat cables under a roof sheet.  I would be very cautious doing that should you decide to proceed with the installation.  My best suggestion is to keep the roof as clear of new snow fall as possible and let nature take its course.

Roofing

Leon R. Dazey