Roofing/WInd Uplift Field Testing

Question
I am bidding a project that will require a Wind Uplift test to be performed in the field, one for steel decking and one for concrete. Could you point me in the right direction on who I would contact to do this. Currently I am looking to cover any costs in my proposal, but if successful will need to know where to go for this. thanks.

Mark Bagnoli
Progressive Roofing Inc.

Answer
Mark,

If the testing they expect is typical, the site testing will be performed with a 5 feet by 5 feet negative chamber. The field procedure is based upon FM 1-52 or ASTM E 907.

A number of conusultants and firms that do product testing and engineering will be able to do this. I am not positive of anyone in Phoenix that may have a test chamber. Let me suggest you contact Jerry Bronw with WRECORP as I know he has had the site testing performed before. I am sure he can handle or refer you to someone specific to do it.

Those I know that do this are firms like Trinity ERD with the closest office in Seattle, WA.  People like HAAG out fo NM likely do it.  Jerry should be a good resource for you.

Steven C. Wadding RRC, RRO, CDT

Roofing

Steven C. Wadding RRC,RRO,CDT