Roofing/Roof ventilation

Question
In my Frorida condo (4unit per building) I don't think the ventilation on the top of the roof is good . Do you figure how much ventilation is in the soffit and have equal on top?

Answer
Thank You for your question.

The soffit vents is where the roof inhales air and the attic vents or square vents exhales. Lack of proper roof ventilation will cause moisture and the decking will be compromised not to mention mold problems.

General rule is 1 square vent for every 300 sq ft on your roof. The square vents go near the ridge of your roof 2 ft from the ridge.

David Garcia
www.garciaroofing.biz

Roofing

David Garcia