Roofing/Roof ventilation

In my Frorida condo (4unit per building) I don't think the ventilation on the top of the roof is good . Do you figure how much ventilation is in the soffit and have equal on top?

Thank You for your question.

The soffit vents is where the roof inhales air and the attic vents or square vents exhales. Lack of proper roof ventilation will cause moisture and the decking will be compromised not to mention mold problems.

General rule is 1 square vent for every 300 sq ft on your roof. The square vents go near the ridge of your roof 2 ft from the ridge.

David Garcia

David Garcia

I can answer questions regarding asphalt shingles such as Gaf, Owens Corning, Atlas manufacturers. I can also help with flat roof installation such as torch down.

I'm a Kansas city roofing contractor. I have 4 yrs experience with residential and commercial roofs. My company name is Garcia Roofing.

I'm an expert in the roofing industry regarding installation and materials needed.