Roofing/Connection for help

Question
Back porch
Back porch  

Roof connection
Roof connection  
Hello,
I'm starting a project this Spring trying to rebuild and extend my back porch.  Have some roofing experience with shingles not the framing part.  Trying to read and find ideas for connecting to my garage.  I'll be raising the height of the porch even with the peak of the garage on left and then creating a valley at a 45 out to the posts on the end of the back porch. (Sorry if I have terminology wrong). I'm sending a picture of my house and an internet picture showing the way I want to connect it to the garage on the left (I think).  The water off the garage has ruined the back porch.  Also just trying to make a connection who I can ask as I go through the process this summer.  Any help, suggestions, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Answer
Steve,
The theory should be fine but with regard to the actual structural attachments I'd refer you to a structural engineer to verify that the attachment can take the additional structural elements.
Sorry I'm not a lot of help regarding the structural parts - I'm a roof guy!
Good luck,
Aaron

Roofing

Aaron Nelson