hi..i need new gutters at home, and found out about copper gutters. nice find, but too much risk of theft. since that is the case, would you please let me know the next best thing to us, assuming criminals are not interested in it. thank you!

I certainly understand the issue with the value of copper and the concern over theft if you install them.   I am not aware of installed copper gutter theft because it is difficult and time consuming to remove them.  Nevertheless, copper gutters are really nice with a very special look.   if the look is what you are trying to find, there are painted gutters that have a new copper penny look and there are paints that replicate weathered copper.    the best source for gutters  are a local installer.   they should have sources for a variety of gutters that meet your appearance, performance and budget needs.     Some consumers look at copper gutters in half round shapes and assume that is the only way they are available.  if you are looking for half round gutters, they are also available in colors or unpainted steel.

I hope this is helpful.  

Jerry Iselin

I am pretty comfortable with all metal roofing related questions. We can discuss performance, application, practicality, technical and detail. It is difficult to deal with pricing issues due to the regional differences.

I started in the metal roofing industry in 1976 working for a major West Coast manufacturer. I spent the next 16 years with that organization leaving as the Vice-President and regional General Manager. In 1992 I started Metal Roof Specialties to focus on the needs of residential and small commercial customers. In my manufacturing years I focused on product introduction and sales as well as design and application. for the past 12 years I have been a regular trainer and presenter at Metalcon International conventions sponsored by the Metal Roofing Alliance and I have also performed training and demonstration area moderation for the National Roofing Contractors Association conventions. I have also been employed by a major metal roofing manufacturer for training and speaking engagements. My company specializes in metal roofing and siding only. We are a supply and install contractor as well as a retail outlet for metal roofing and siding materials.

Metal Roofing Alliance. National Roofing Contractors Association. Building Industry Association of Washington.

Green River Community College - Accounting major. University of Washington - Graduate School of Business Administration - Management Program. BHP Steel - RMC III Executive training, Melbourne, Australia / Berkeley, California.