Roofing/shingles protection

Question
Hi Brad I recently replaced my asphalt roof shinlges. The new shingles are constantly breaking down and creating a mess. Do you have any experience or have any thoughts on the techniseal or other brand polymeric coating to protect the shingles from deteriorating. or if you know/have experience with any  other product.

Answer
I never heard of such a thing. The minimum shingle you can buy is 25 years. If you replaced them recently and there is a problem with them already then you have something major going on that you better figure out. If they are truly just falling apart then there is something wrong with the shingles and you should make a claim with the manufacturer. If they are falling off intact then they were not installed properly. There is no such thing as a coating to stop that. That would be like painting your porch because it is collapsing.

Brad

Roofing

Brad Zacharia