Roofing/Getting some shingles replaced.

Hope you are doing good! I live in Lexington Ky, and need to get some shingles replaced. I have called some local companies; every last one of them want around 5000 dollars to replace everything. I am on a really tight budget. I have tried to find someone locally who does this type of work independently; however these people still want several hundred dollars for a few shingles to be replaced. I wanted to see if you had any ideas. Thank you for your time!

Apparently that's the going rate where you're at. No one is going to work on your house for less than a few hundred. Verizon charges $100 just to walk in the door plus more every 15 minutes. GE does the same when I needed my refrigerator fixed. Unless you want to do it yourself you do not have any other options. You can keep shopping and see what you can come up with but if a number of guys want $5,000 you're not going to find anyone for $1,000. A typical shingle roof might be 15 square in size. It cost $1,500 just to buy the shingles.

Brad Zacharia

All aspects of residential Roofing. This includes shingles and flat (low slope) roofs. I have knowledge in the installation as well as the design of roofs from an engineering standpoint.

I have been doing roofing for 40 years. This was my father's business and I took it over in 1980.

I have written responses to artcles that I felt needed a response to and those responses have been published in roofing trade magazines.

BSEE Drexel University