Roofing/Re-roof flat roof

Question
90 year old bungalow in Daytona Beach, Florida.  900 sq ft flat roof with slight slope and 18" parapet.  Existing Flintlastic is 24 years old and showing wear but no leaks.  Take off old and install new.  Two large roofing outfits are recommending TPO.  Two smaller, family owned businesses are recommending another Flintlastic.  One of the larger outfits also feels my roof is a good candidate for Lapolla silicone coating sprayed over the existing roof.  While Flintlastic has proven itself to me, I am wondering about the pros and cons of going with a newer technology.

The existing parapet protection was "mopped" on.  Everyone is quoting a termination bar and flashing on the inside.  The top of the parapet is rounded with no cap and I want to keep it that way as it makes a nice appearance.

Please comment on Flintlastic vs. TPO vs. silicone for my project.  I hope to be in the house another 20 years.  Any thoughts on the parapet.  Thank you for your insight.

Answer
Good afternoon and thank you for submitting your question.

TPO is not the only option.  There are many others.  They basically do the same thing.  Cover low sloped roofs and keep them leak free for years to come.

I haven't installed TPO myself so I can't comment on that.

I have installed plenty of Flintlastic roofs and I have never had a problem.

Sounds like it has worked for you in the past.

I would install the Flintlastic roof again and not worry about for another 20 years.  

Roofing

Brian Atkins