Roses/Knock out Roses

I have two knock out roses in a flower bed about ten feet apart. One started to die on me about a month ago (about half of the stems). It is now dying completely.  They both get the same amount of water and sun shine. I discovered a bed of ants near the rose bush before it started dying. Not sure what kind of ants, I used fire ant poison and that has seemed to get rid of them.  Could that have been the reason the rose bush died?

Yes, if you did not follow instructions and added too much and burned it

However it could also be that something was wrong with the rose and that's why the ants moved in.

Maybe a small water leak?

Rock dust for mineral
Earthworm casting
And a good liquid seaweed
A good organic rose fertilizer

To both

Water in well
Check for any water leaks!

Invisible Gardener

I am only interested in organic solutions. I do not use chemicals. Answers to pest ad disease questions as well as cultural.

Been in business since 1972. Radio show, Book"Organic Rosť"' see website for more info.

Acres USA, Home and Garden Wellness Magazine Sunset Magazine, Want more?

Self taught. BA in Business. Operated own business since 1956

Martin Sheen Oliva Newton John William Shatner Charlie Sheen Barry Levinson Herb Alpert Want more?