Roses/John F.Kennedy Rose

My Husband bought a JFK Rose last year and we planted it in front of the house.It has all day sun.Last year it had beautiful roses.Since we live in Maine I made sure to protect it with Bark mulch.It has been pretty mild the last couple of weeks but it seems like the Rosebush don't wanna do anything.My other roses have little tiny leaves already but the JFK Rose looks like it didn't made it through the winter.My Question:Will it come back?Does it take a little longer than other Roses?Or is Maine too cold for it? What can I do to bring it back?

I answered this question right away but it seems it never went thru.
Yes  that rose is old sensitive .
May have gotten too cold. prune any dead, feed as usual.
You will know by 1 st week in may when things warm up.
If you really want    A JFK rose, start in container , bring in during winter , bring out in sting.
do this a few years then plant.

Any questions?

Invisible Gardener

I am only interested in organic solutions. I do not use chemicals. Answers to pest ad disease questions as well as cultural.

Been in business since 1972. Radio show, Book"Organic Rosť"' see website for more info.

Acres USA, Home and Garden Wellness Magazine Sunset Magazine, Want more?

Self taught. BA in Business. Operated own business since 1956

Martin Sheen Oliva Newton John William Shatner Charlie Sheen Barry Levinson Herb Alpert Want more?