Roses/John F.Kennedy Rose

Question
My Husband bought a JFK Rose last year and we planted it in front of the house.It has all day sun.Last year it had beautiful roses.Since we live in Maine I made sure to protect it with Bark mulch.It has been pretty mild the last couple of weeks but it seems like the Rosebush don't wanna do anything.My other roses have little tiny leaves already but the JFK Rose looks like it didn't made it through the winter.My Question:Will it come back?Does it take a little longer than other Roses?Or is Maine too cold for it? What can I do to bring it back?

Answer
Hi
I answered this question right away but it seems it never went thru.
Yes  that rose is old sensitive .
May have gotten too cold. prune any dead, feed as usual.
You will know by 1 st week in may when things warm up.
If you really want    A JFK rose, start in container , bring in during winter , bring out in sting.
do this a few years then plant.

Any questions?

Thanks

Andy

Roses

Invisible Gardener