Roses/Roses changing color

I took cuttings off a Red Knockout rosebush and rooted it. Last year the bush bloomed red. This year it is blooming pink. Why?

Could be several reasons
The fertilizer you use can make a difference.
Is the rose that you made the cutting from still blooming red?
If it is, and you are using same fert then the rosť is reverting to its original parents color
If it is planted in a dif area, then add coffee grounds to the soil, ph is prob high.

It can also be that you took a cutting from the root stock, instead of from the main plant. Always take cutting from highest part of the rosť.
Follow the stem and make sure it comes from the main plant and not from the root stock.

Hope this helps you.

Invisible Gardener

I am only interested in organic solutions. I do not use chemicals. Answers to pest ad disease questions as well as cultural.

Been in business since 1972. Radio show, Book"Organic Rosť"' see website for more info.

Acres USA, Home and Garden Wellness Magazine Sunset Magazine, Want more?

Self taught. BA in Business. Operated own business since 1956

Martin Sheen Oliva Newton John William Shatner Charlie Sheen Barry Levinson Herb Alpert Want more?