Roses/can roses be pruned in summer?

I have about 600 rosa damascena for commercial purposes, (rosewater distillation). they are now 3 year old. just finished harvesting (4 weeks season). We usually do the pruning in January.
the question is: can we prune now in June for the purpose of rooting the  cutlings so we can plant a large batch next  October/November? summers here are long (4 months no rain), so we surely will water the planted cutlings so that they form roots. But is there any danger on the mother plant if pruned early summer? for example does it get invaded by insects or fungal disease?
thanks a lot.. TONY

It really depends if the mother plant is in the ground or in a green house otherwise it will get attacked.  It would be best to time it correctly during the right time of year.
If you have a green house , you can do that year round.

Does  that help?

Invisible Gardener

I am only interested in organic solutions. I do not use chemicals. Answers to pest ad disease questions as well as cultural.

Been in business since 1972. Radio show, Book"Organic Rosť"' see website for more info.

Acres USA, Home and Garden Wellness Magazine Sunset Magazine, Want more?

Self taught. BA in Business. Operated own business since 1956

Martin Sheen Oliva Newton John William Shatner Charlie Sheen Barry Levinson Herb Alpert Want more?