Royalty/royal baby

Question
I am as excited as anyone about the new baby for Will and Kate. They claim they don't know if the baby is a boy or girl.

I'm wondering if they are even ALLOWED to know and are just not saying?

thanks,
joyce

Answer
Hi Joyce,

Thanks for your question. I'm glad I'm not the only one excited by the royal baby!

There is no protocol preventing William and Kate from finding out the sex of their unborn child. Diana herself knew that William and Harry would be boys prior to their births.

William and Kate may claim that they don't know the sex of their baby and it is entirely possible that they genuinely don't. There are very few surprises left in life and they may want to enjoy it. However, given the significance of this particular baby's arrival, if I was William and Kate I would have a hard time resisting the urge to know.

Then again, maybe they DO know what they're having and just haven't told anyone! Entirely possible as they like to keep things private. Don't blame them one bit for that. The birth may be a cause for national celebration but in the end it is just two people welcoming their first child into the world too.

Thanks for your question!

Marilyn

Royalty

Marilyn Braun