Rubber/odor of peroxide in rubber

how i can get rid of the odor of peroxide in rubber?

Odor in peroxide normally is caused by the liberation of acetophenone from dicumyl peroxide, you have the following tricks to solve it:
1 - Change the peroxide for one of low odor; the problem is that odorless peroxide are for low temperature (around 120C) or high (over 180C)
2 - If the hardness is bellow 40 Shore A, boil the piece with water to extract the odor, it expend normally 3 times for a period of 30 minutes each
3 - Post-cure the pieces in na air circulating oven at 120C for at least 1 hour or more untill the odor vanish.

For a better answer let me know more details of your artifact, like use and peroxide used.

Best Regards

Luis Tormento

Luis Antonio Tormento

Operational Chemical Engineer with specialization in rubber compounding and processing: - Vast knowledge on rubber molding techniques: extrusion, press and injection molding. - Marketing expertise on the development of applications of rubber chemicals, precipitated silica and specialty rubbers. - In his career he developed numerous production compounds for automotive and industrial hose, rubber mats, retread compounds, tire compounds, shoe soles and molded products. TPE/TPV/TPO applications

I have 36 years working in plant processing of hose, tire, shoes and press/injected cured rubber compounds and technical assistance for two big raw material suppliers: Chemtura and Nitriflex. Actually I have my own company

2006-2011 - Rubber Division Director - Brazil Rubber Group 2008-2009 - Vice President - Brazil Rubber Group 2002-2007 - President - Brazil Rubber Group 2000-2001 - Technical Director - Brazil Rubber Group

Several papers published on magazines, congress and conferences about rubber processing and compounding

Chemical Engineer by FEI - Brazil (1979) Advanced Rubber Technology - Rubber Division (1992) University Expert on Plastic and Rubber - UNED (Spain) - 2002