Rubber/determination of sulfur content

Question
could you tell an easy method to define sulfur level of a rubber compound (except oxygen flask combustion method)?

Answer
A combustion method for rubber which determines the sulfur evolved at 480 to 500 C is compared with the fusion and the zinc-nitric acid methods. In the combustion method an interaction occurs between sulfur and fillers present in the rubber.A value representative of the organically bound sulfur in an extracted specimen can be obtained by the combustion method when no reaction takes place between the sulfur and the fillers during combustion. The fusion method yields results in good agreement with the total sulfur added in compounding the rubber samples. Except in the presence of barium compounds, the zinc-nitric acid method likewise determines total sulfur. When barium compounds are present, barium sulfate is formed during the oxidation, and low values are obtained for the total sulfur.

No other precise method is know

Rubber

Luis Antonio Tormento