Running a Restaurant/Sports Bar & Snacks

Question
We operate a Sports Bar/Family Restaurant with a considerably large menu. We serve everything from Wings to a huge selection of burgers.

We have 25 HD TV's and provide the full sports bar experience.

We have always considered putting out snacks at the bar and on the tables (Peanuts etc...) but we've refrained because we feel we are potentially costing ourselves food sales from our menu.

Are there numbers that show that profitability will still be there because patrons eating a salty snack will help beverage sales to offset the cost of the loss in food sales?

I want to start serving salty snacks free at the bar but I'm catching resistence from some managers and employees because of the concern for lost food sales.

Advice? Thanks - Darren

Answer
Dear Darren,

it's six of one and half dozen of the other.  Some places it works and some it does not.

I would try it at the "bar" for a month or two and watch what happens.

It mostly depends on the income level of your clientele

Hope it works out for you,

Rick

Running a Restaurant

Rick Dudasik