Running a Restaurant/pos systems

I have owned nightclubs for 20 years, my biggest problem always employee theft.  I just sold my last one and am opening a new location.  My priority to curtail this. From research the best thing I have come up with is a pos system with a text reader integrated with the security cameras.
I am very confused about what works with what and what from my old system may be still be used.  I have looked at the 2touch system recommended on Bar Rescue but unssure which elements I would need and whether it can be integrated or why this system is better than others. I would also like mobile credit card capibility and at least 1 ipad tjough not a deal breaker,
I have 4 complete pos stations. The hard drives are old and need replaced. I have the cash drawers and 3 printers.  The software is completly outdated.  I have 4 touch screen monitors.
Can you explain this this system, whether it supports what I want and the minimum I would need to buy? I am also unclear on the text readers bought seperatly as one kind runs 200.00 more than the other.
Any other system or suggestions you have are appreciated. I don't serve food, mainly sell simple drinks and beer but at a face past.
Thank you,

Hello Jayne, Thank you for the question. I have many contacts who use old and new POS and usually they have trouble merging old with new. Most of the operators that do beverage volume have taken to using cameras, but like any system - it is only as good a its users/reviewers. It would be difficult for me from here to assess your systems. The best thing I can point you to is the HT website where they have rated & explained many options. You can contact many represented suppliers from this article and talk to their experts - who should have much deeper technical expertise in regard to your questions.

Best of Luck - in your new venture,

Running a Restaurant

Chase LeBlanc

I am the author of the new book, HIGH IMPACT HOSPITALITY: Upgrade Your Purpose, Performance and Profits! I am also the founder and CEO of Leadagers LLC (leaders who manage, managers who lead, "leed/i/jers") a hospitality industry consultancy. Our primary focus is in upgrading the purpose, performance and profits of restaurants, bars, food & beverage outlets and/or nightclubs. We have expertise in operations, start-ups, training, in-house leadership development and positive customer service experiences. 720.269.9537

My 30+ year hospitality career started as owner/operator of a nightclub development and management company. After successfully selling that business, I led within a variety of national and global operations as General Manager and multi-unit Regional Manager and I have also served corporations as Vice President and President. My extremely broad range of experiences includes leading training stores, entertainment complexes, fine dining establishments, high-volume theme restaurants, quick-service restaurants, dance/night clubs, comedy clubs, college taverns, dueling piano bars, pizzerias, high-volume sportís bars, live music showrooms, retail stores and gift shops, fast-food concessions, catering/banquet facilities and high-volume arcades.

"Staffing Doctor" columnist for Hotel F&B Magazine Top 10 - Core Hospitality - Quick Serve Leader - Wise Words - Inside F&B And have been a featured blogger for In addition to my new book High Impact Hospitality, I have been a contributing writer for and/or my properties have been featured in Cheers, F&B, Food Service News, Hot Spots America, Military Club & Hospitality, Nationís Restaurant News, Night Club & Bar and Top Shelf.

Attended the University of Colorado for three years and left to open my first nightclub at the age of 21.