Running a Restaurant/water use

Hello, Adam i have an unusall situation, great spot to open resturant except for one thing the septic system is built to handle about 18,000 gallons of water per month.  it would be wine bar that serves higher end dinner.  open 4 - 12 teusday thru sunday   seats 100 people at one time     

can you look and see your average gallon used per month in water for yours    it would be very much appreciated

Brian Arnold

Sorry for the delay on this question. It went to my junk mail folder.All experts emailed me yesterday about this.

This is a little bit of a tough question. It really depends how fast your septic drains and how many turns you do in the space. There are a few ways to conserve water by using different spigots and what not, low per gallon flush toilets, employee conservation techniques and what not if it did become a concern. I would call the water company. They will give you averages for the restaurant and of the area as far as usages. On an extremely busy restaurant you could look at 4000 gallons of water a day, but then a lot of that drains out so 18000 gallons should be fine.

Running a Restaurant

Adam Hegsted

I can answer most questions front and back of the house. I have been mostly back of the house experienced, but have owned my own restaurant and helped run and develop the other restaurants I have worked (from the boh). I am versed in many cuisines but no more about Mexican, Italian, and French. I have also studied a lot and done molecular cuisine or new haute cooking. I study the science of cuisine and cooking techniques as well and have practiced many. Also am certified proctor for Serv Safe. I have won a lot of culinary competitions ACF and national. I work with small farms and farmers and know quite a bit about laws and different things regarding that as well. I know all about setting up and building restaurants and everything do to with costing front and back of house.

Executive Chef Coeur d' Alene Casino, Resort and Hotel (current 3 years) (all types of restaurants, built and developed all, fine dining steakhouse, deli, grill, cafe, pub, buffet, room service, and catering) Owner/Chef The Wandering Table (current 1 year)(catering/fine dining) Owner/Chef Le Piastre (1 year) (fine dining/bistro) Executive Chef Brix Restaurant (5 years) (fine dining, multi course) and The Beacon, a pub (casual, pub fare) (all aspects of the kitchen and developed wine program) Executive Chef Cedars Restaurant (3 years) Fine dining steakhouse

Featured in R & I Magazine

Art Institute of Seattle- Associates of Arts in Culinary Arts Northwest Culinary Academy (Spokane,WA)- Associates of Sciences in Culinary Arts

2009 Wine, Stein, and Dine Cookoff “Best of Show” Best Entrée” “Best Dessert” 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Marti Gras Cookoff “Best of Show” “Best Entrée” The Inlander Magazine “Top 30, under 30” Won 2007 Battle of the Chefs (Iron Chef for Spokane Top Chefs) 2008 First Place National Peanut Advisory Recipe Competition 2007 Taste of Spain, Tapas Recipe Contest, Spanish Trade Commission 2008 First Place International BC Canadian Albacore Tuna Competition 2007 First Place Idaho Potato Commission Recipe Contest 2008 State Recipe Competition United States of Potato 2009 Rio Texas Grapefruit Recipe Competition 2008 “Best New Restaurant” Cuisine Magazine 2010 Haagen Dazs Foodservice Challenge with Marcus Samuelson 1st Place 2011 3rd Place California Grape Commission Competition I've competed and won numerous regional black box competitions. I've won 3 silver medals in mystery box competitions from the American Culinary Federation.