Running a Restaurant/Restaurant to contract out services

We own a small grill and have operated it for 4 years now.  We have been successful in achieving our goals.  We have been approached by a local tennis and swim club to operate their snack bar.  Can you tell me the best way to operate this type of setup?  Do they typically charge us to use the space?  They are searching out people to operate this snack bar for them, so I feel they should pay us a fee.  They use the number system, so people will just give a number when ordering their food.  That means we would only get paid at the end of a billing cycle instead of right away.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  We have never done this before, but we were looking for a new adventure and thought this might be interesting.  Thank you.

Dear April,

Typicaly in these situations, you pay a small amount of "Rent" and operate as a contractor.

Small meaning maybe $100 month or so..

They provide all the equipment and inspections and licenses

A lot depends on what the sales are,.   I would think that 100 to 200 a day in sales would be average.

You are not going to get rich doing this !

If they called you...then you are in a buyers get the best deal from them as you can.

Running a Restaurant

Rick Dudasik

I can answer questions relating to most areas of the restaurant industry including: starting a restaurant, design, food costing and pricing, site selection, staffing, training, equipment, profit and loss questions, sales training, recipies and many other areas of the industry. I have been in the industry for thirty years and have experience in fast food management, multi unit management, casual dinning management,and ownership. Have helped open over fifteen units throughout the United States.