Running a Restaurant/Opening a new Cafe/Deli

I'm looking at a new concept with a live/work environment, and one shop is reserved for a small cafe/deli in the development, 900 square feet, with an additional open and covered patio.  I want an Italian concept, and there will be no grease trap.  We want to emphasize healthier foods.   I am asking about your consulting to develop the theme, build out, menu, and plan.  What are my anticipated costs for yours or similar consulting fees?  Thank you!

Hi Alex,

For me to give you a fee quotation, I will need to know a little more about your vision for the concept.  Will this be counter service?  Is the seating area included in the 900 square feet?  Will you operate this concept or will someone else?  The answers to these questions (and others) will help me to put together a proposal that is on track with your needs.

We are very competitive on our fee structure and can put together a proposal that takes you from conception through opening and virtually everything in between but that will also break everything out into separately priced phases that you can choose to include or exclude based upon your needs.

Alex, I think the easiest way to proceed would be if you would email me directly at  I will send you more info about us, who we are, what we do, etc.  If you would like to schedule a time for a no obligation, no pressure phone call I would love to hear more about your cafe ideas.  

I look forward to hearing from you!

Foster and Associates
(417) 877-0428 office
(417) 849-1903 cell

Running a Restaurant

David Foster

We have been in the restaurant industry for over 40 years and consult with restaurants, casinos and hotels nationwide. We love helping restaurant operators succeed and can answer any questions related to restaurant start-ups, business plans, operations, labor costs, food costs, liquor costs, employee turnover, marketing etc.

I am a seasoned foodservice veteran with nearly 42 years experience in the industry. My extensive background includes overseeing multi-unit, multi-concept restaurant operations ranging from cafeterias to fine dining, and everything in between. I have a strong hands-on operations and marketing background that give me a unique insight into the “Real World” challenges of the restaurant industry. I have extensive concept development, menu and recipe development and kitchen layout and design expertise. I am effective in analyzing operational needs and identifying practical solutions in today’s very dynamic foodservice environment. In the industry, I am respected by my peers and have served on the Board of Directors of the Missouri Restaurant Association and have been a featured speaker on the subject of Home Meal Replacement at various national events. I also served on the Culinary Advisory Board of the Ozark Technical College as well as serving on the Board of Directors of Big Brothers, Big Sisters of the Ozarks.

Member of the National Restaurant Association, Past Board Member of the Missouri Restaurant Association, Past Board Member of Big Brothers, Big Sisters of the Ozarks

The Consultant, Seasoned Views (a trade magazine for the restaurant industry)

Attended Drury College, Springfield, MO, Varsity Management, SRI

I have had restaurant projects featured in The Consultant (a magazine for foodservice consultants with worldwide circulation). I was honored for achieving the highest level of management competence by the Selection Research Institute.

Sugar Creek Casino, Classic Rock Coffee Company, Mark Twain Brewing Company, Springfield Brewing Company, Bruegger's Bagels, M&M Grill, Paco Joe's, Holiday Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Buffalo Run Casino, Golden Corral Corporation, Crosswinds Café, Chinese Chef, Mr. Dunderbak's Old World Market & Café, Bullfeather’s Wings and Grille, Mainstreet Market, Bear Rock Café, Cartoon's Oyster Bar & Grill, T's Redneck Roadhouse, Jim's Steakhouse, Neighbor's Mill Bakery & Café, Crazy Vine, San Francisco Oven, Maria's Mexican Restaurant, Andy's Frozen Custard, The Granite Club, Umi Japanese Steak, Seafood and Sushi, Springfield Grocer Company, US Foodservice, Premium Standard Farms, Smithfield, Dakota Organic, Kraft Foods, Allens, Inc.