Running a Restaurant/Walk In's

Question
QUESTION: I am starting a restaurant. The restaurant will focus on noise to tail cuisine. Our aim is to serve fresh meat, produce daily. Do I need a walk-in freezer. I plan to get a walk in cooler but I need to extended my expenses and by a walk in freezer as well?

ANSWER: Hi, what seating capacity are you looking at?

JJ

QUESTION: Seat between 100 - 150 about 2,000 square feet devoted to the dining.

Answer
I would suggest a dedicated stand up freezer, not a walk-in - you will ALWAYS be needing to keep ingredients frozen (stocks etc.), but as your focus is not on prepared food, your storage requirements won't be as high. Keep your expenses as low as possible, and grow slowly as you need to. Craigslist is a great place for used commercial stand-ups.

JJ

Running a Restaurant

Jason Jones