Running a Restaurant/Pizzeria build out

Hi Victor,

I am planning a pizzeria in  California. I found a location that needs a gas line. Apparently the whole building does not have gas. Do you have any idea or range for this cost?

Thank you so much

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your question... It is difficult to say how much it will cost to bring gas into the building. I've run into this a few times in the past and it basically depends on the location of the existing gas main. If it is say, under the front sidewalk of the building, it could cost $6k to rip up the concrete, tie in and replace the concrete. If it is on the other side of the street, you are looking at ripping up roadway which could be pretty expensive.

That being said, if the space is in a prime location or you just have your heart set on the it, perhaps you could go with a wood fired pizza oven and electric range and not use gas at all. Of course you would have to have some space to store the wood, but your final product may just wind up being that much better and you may also grab a niche in the local market.

Hope this helps and best of luck with your project!

Running a Restaurant

Victor Cardamone

I am thoroughly proficient in all aspects of restaurant and commercial kitchen design, development and operational issues. I am also well versed in all aspects of health department permit submissions.

I am a classically trained executive chef with over 15 years of restaurant/hotel kitchen operating experience. I am also president of Mise Design Group, LLC a commercial kitchen/restaurant development firm. My firm focuses on and specializes in commercial kitchen design & development, supply and project management as well as operations consulting.

The American Institute of Architects The American Culinary Federation The National Restaurant Association

Club Solutions Magazine

Alumni of The Culinary Institute of America

Hilton Hotels Worldwide ~ Kampala, Uganda Presbyterian Senior Living (4 properties) ~ PA Siberian Ice Restaurant & Catering ~ Queens, NY Bourbon Coffee, North America (2 properties) ~ NY, MA St Bernards Health & Wellness Center Cafe ~ Jonesboro, AK Sassafras Lounge & Restaurant ~ Bowie, MD Netty Jane’s Bakery & Cafe ~ North Wales, PA MoC MoC Japanese Restaurant ~ Princeton, NJ Newtown Athletic Club Café ~ Newtown, PA LaScala’s Italian Restaurant ~ Moorestown, NJ Birmingham Friends Meeting House ~ West Chester, PA Savory Bakery & Cafe ~ Lansdowne, PA Juice-n-Beans Cafe ~ Hamilton, Bermuda Holy Ghost Orthodox Church Community Center ~ Phoenixville, PA Pirate Pete’s Family Entertainment ~ Marion, IL Calvert Hotel ~ Lewistown, MT Evolution Bistro ~ Chicago, IL Big Vanilla Café ~ Pasadena, MD Fuel Café & Restaurant ~ West Des Moines, IA Fitness Fusions Café ~ Westborough, MA Olde Town Athletic Club Café ~ Warrenton, VA The Health & Fitness Center at Washtenaw C.C. Café ~ Ann Arbor, MI Breakthru Fitness Center Café ~ Pasadena, CA Metropolis Café & Spa~ Miami, FL Energy Source Café ~ Red Bank, NJ Fresh Fitness Café ~ Ooltewah, TN Breathe Fitness Juice Bar~ Poway, CA Results Fitness Juice Bar ~ Newhall, CA Life Fitness Management Cafe & Juice Bar ~ Cumberland, MD Vida Sports Nutrition Juice Bar ~ Miami, FL WAVE Cafe ~ Vaughan, ON Canada Performax Health & Fitness Juice Bar~ Waldwick, NJ