Running a Restaurant/Re: cleaning

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your valuable service.  Would you please share how to clean burnt crust off of pots/pans?

Thank you,

That is always a challenge. In my experience if you can boil it on the stove with white vinegar it usually loosens it up. The other option is baking soda, coat the area in it and let soak with warm water you may have to do this several times to get it off. I also like to use a chore boy on it for the scrubbing. If this is a pizza screen the best way to clean that off is to leave it in the pizza oven and let it stay in the oven until it burns off. It will smoke but it will burn the crust right off... Let me know if I can help in any other way... Rob

Running a Restaurant

Robert Lagonia

I am well versed in most areas of the restaurant industry. I have had 30 years of experience in Setting up, designing, menu planning, food and labor costing and the full build out of 6 restaurants. I also have a lot of knowledge in the laws of NY state.In addition I have extensive knowledge in the golf industry from food and beverage to the operations of a private club.

I have owned built and operated 6 restaurants from fine dining to pizzeria's. My experience spans over 30 years in this industry. My areas of expertise are: Food and beverage, Purchasing, food costing, menu planning as well as the daily needs of a restaurant. I have extensive knowledge in the full build out of a new restaurant from the ground up. I have also owned and operated the food and beverage operations in a private country club. My knowledge in the golf industry is fairly extensive and can answer most questions in this area as well.

Board of directors at private country club Fish and game club member Austerlitz Historical Society Nys magistrates association

High School diploma Associates science degree