Running a Restaurant/Unit Costs of Pizza!

Question
Hi there!

I am only a student (so be nice!). I am currently in the very earliest stages of thinking of a business idea, and would be overjoyed if you could possibly provide me with the figures on the unit costs of pizza, just a simple, margarita pizza.

Thanks for your time!

Answer
Jacob, I am happy to answer your question. There are a lot of factors that go into the cost of a pizza. The type of cheese you use, the type of tomatoes you choose and the box. Typically if you use a good grade high gluten flour the cost of a 50 lb bag is around $20. According to the size of the pizza a large dough would cost you around .50. The cheese would cost around $2.00. The box around .40 and the sauce around .30. If you put fresh basil on top and a little garlic and oregano the total cost is roughly $3.50. Don't forget your labor cost. Typical Margherita pizza is around $16. Your food cost would be around 20-22%. I hope this helps. We use all homemade ingredients and hight quality cheese and sauce.Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Rob

Running a Restaurant

Robert Lagonia