Running a Restaurant/Menu planning

I am in the dehydrating business, i have drying Equipment (dehydrators, processing equipment etc...)
I dry a tropical vegetable for a niche market, i am located in Montreal. My market is mainly Caribbean people (diaspora).
I am looking for other products to dry (fruits or vegetables) and maximize my dehydrating equipment .
Do you know some popular products(fruits or vegetables ) i can dry to diversifie my market?
Which dried food you would suggest? give me what you know from your personal experience, i am open to anything

Thank you

If you are looking for another direction to go in which will broaden your product line how about the camping industry. I would suggest items like Marinara sauce. If you like this idea then you could expand to all types of sauces that dry well in a dehydrator. Think about Glutin free as well. This is a huge market. A gluten free Marinara Sauce, you could add a bolognese sauce. This is a huge market and the idea of all Glutin free products could be a very profitable direction for you to go in.

I hope this helped.

Running a Restaurant

Robert Lagonia

I am well versed in most areas of the restaurant industry. I have had 30 years of experience in Setting up, designing, menu planning, food and labor costing and the full build out of 6 restaurants. I also have a lot of knowledge in the laws of NY state.In addition I have extensive knowledge in the golf industry from food and beverage to the operations of a private club.

I have owned built and operated 6 restaurants from fine dining to pizzeria's. My experience spans over 30 years in this industry. My areas of expertise are: Food and beverage, Purchasing, food costing, menu planning as well as the daily needs of a restaurant. I have extensive knowledge in the full build out of a new restaurant from the ground up. I have also owned and operated the food and beverage operations in a private country club. My knowledge in the golf industry is fairly extensive and can answer most questions in this area as well.

Board of directors at private country club Fish and game club member Austerlitz Historical Society Nys magistrates association

High School diploma Associates science degree