Running a Restaurant/Electronic panel in Restaurants.

Dear David

Do you feel it could be useful for customers to have a Electronic lcd or Led panel displaying Today's menu & Special dishes with prices?.

Hi Prashant,

I will need some clarification to answer your question as well as I would like to answer it. Given what you have told me, my answer is, "it depends."  By that I mean that if you have a food court concept, fast food concept or fast casual concept, digital LED boards used as menu boards or to feature items are excellent.  They provide you with the ability to capture guests' attention (particularly if you have "movement" on the screens) and they give you the flexibility to make changes from one daypart to another (think breakfast specials, lunch specials and dinner specials all programmed to change automatically at preset times).  They also give you the ability to make price changes and menu item changes without reprinting like conventional menu boards.

If you have a full service restaurant, they are not nearly as effective.  If this is the case, there are less expensive "lobby" boards that can be used just as effectively.

I hope this helps you.  If you would like to email me with more details, please feel free.  My email is and my cell number is (417) 849-1903 if you would prefer to text.

(417) 877-0428 office
(417) 883-8989 fax
(417) 849-1903 cell

Running a Restaurant

David Foster

We have been in the restaurant industry for over 40 years and consult with restaurants, casinos and hotels nationwide. We love helping restaurant operators succeed and can answer any questions related to restaurant start-ups, business plans, operations, labor costs, food costs, liquor costs, employee turnover, marketing etc.

I am a seasoned foodservice veteran with nearly 42 years experience in the industry. My extensive background includes overseeing multi-unit, multi-concept restaurant operations ranging from cafeterias to fine dining, and everything in between. I have a strong hands-on operations and marketing background that give me a unique insight into the “Real World” challenges of the restaurant industry. I have extensive concept development, menu and recipe development and kitchen layout and design expertise. I am effective in analyzing operational needs and identifying practical solutions in today’s very dynamic foodservice environment. In the industry, I am respected by my peers and have served on the Board of Directors of the Missouri Restaurant Association and have been a featured speaker on the subject of Home Meal Replacement at various national events. I also served on the Culinary Advisory Board of the Ozark Technical College as well as serving on the Board of Directors of Big Brothers, Big Sisters of the Ozarks.

Member of the National Restaurant Association, Past Board Member of the Missouri Restaurant Association, Past Board Member of Big Brothers, Big Sisters of the Ozarks

The Consultant, Seasoned Views (a trade magazine for the restaurant industry)

Attended Drury College, Springfield, MO, Varsity Management, SRI

I have had restaurant projects featured in The Consultant (a magazine for foodservice consultants with worldwide circulation). I was honored for achieving the highest level of management competence by the Selection Research Institute.

Sugar Creek Casino, Classic Rock Coffee Company, Mark Twain Brewing Company, Springfield Brewing Company, Bruegger's Bagels, M&M Grill, Paco Joe's, Holiday Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Buffalo Run Casino, Golden Corral Corporation, Crosswinds Café, Chinese Chef, Mr. Dunderbak's Old World Market & Café, Bullfeather’s Wings and Grille, Mainstreet Market, Bear Rock Café, Cartoon's Oyster Bar & Grill, T's Redneck Roadhouse, Jim's Steakhouse, Neighbor's Mill Bakery & Café, Crazy Vine, San Francisco Oven, Maria's Mexican Restaurant, Andy's Frozen Custard, The Granite Club, Umi Japanese Steak, Seafood and Sushi, Springfield Grocer Company, US Foodservice, Premium Standard Farms, Smithfield, Dakota Organic, Kraft Foods, Allens, Inc.