Running a Restaurant/Seats Reservation on Restaurants website.

Dear Larry

Do you feel it is useful for customers to have Seats Reservation feature on Restaurant website?.

Having the ability to make reservations on a website is becoming more customary. However, there are risks (and costs). First, you must have someone monitor and be responsive to the booking process constantly. Second, a busy restaurant has to protect against double booking tables and/or over booking in general. If you can control and appropriately respond to guests reservations request, promote the ease of booking. If not, you will open yourself up to a lot of guest relations nightmares.

Running a Restaurant

Larry Edger

Multi concept restaurant owner. Just finished fourth restaurant. Can answer questions on all aspects of running, owning and starting a restaurant, cafe or hospitality operation. Enjoy helping other restaurant owners. Most "consultants" have no idea what a restaurant operator needs to be successful. Let me know if I can assist you finding answers to your operating and marketing questions. Accomplished chef and menu development a particular talent for upscale casual restaurants.

Owner and operator of several multi-concept restaurants. Successful entrepreneur, started businesses from scratch on many occasions. Know the problems with planning and running a restaurant. Always independent operations and not the product of chain restaurants.

As an author of The Restaurant Ebook, A Guide to Keeping Your Dream Off the Chopping Block, I have helped hundreds of restaurateurs to market and run a better restaurant.For more information visit or

Attended Ohio State University and have gone through many extended classes relating to marketing and management. Written many courses and training manuals.
Currently building fourth restaurant and created a blog to keep track of daily activities. Readers can see the various steps from leasing to opening. Visit