Running a Restaurant/Aquarium fish tanks in Restaurants.

Question
Dear Brian

Do you recommend to keep few Aquarium fish tanks in Restaurant which will add Business value?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
I never had aquariums in my restaurant, but I do think they could bring in customers if you do them right. You'd have to weigh the upfront costs and the ongoing maintenance expenses to decide if it's really worth it. If you serve seafood, it might even make more sense to consider it.

If I ever had aquariums in my restaurant, I wouldn't just have a standard aquarium. I'd spend extra money to put the aquarium in an unexpected place. Like maybe inside the bar top or wrapping around the top of the wall near the ceiling. Some place where it's not just that the fish in the aquarium that's a draw, but also the unusual design of the aquarium itself.

Running a Restaurant

Brian Ash