Running a Restaurant/Business cards Dropbox for customers.

Dear Larry

Do you feel it could be useful to have a Central business cards dropbox or on each dining table for customers?.

It could be useful. It depends on how you plan to use the information.

To quickly capture data for use with an email or SMS messaging program, I recommend offering an incentive to get the guest's data. At one of my restaurants we offer a free dinner on their birthday to join our Eclub. We started doing that about 4 years ago and now have over 11,000 email addresses we use monthly. Recently we added an SMS program.

I think you will find an incentive to fill out a form at the table works quite well.

Running a Restaurant

Larry Edger

Multi concept restaurant owner. Just finished fourth restaurant. Can answer questions on all aspects of running, owning and starting a restaurant, cafe or hospitality operation. Enjoy helping other restaurant owners. Most "consultants" have no idea what a restaurant operator needs to be successful. Let me know if I can assist you finding answers to your operating and marketing questions. Accomplished chef and menu development a particular talent for upscale casual restaurants.

Owner and operator of several multi-concept restaurants. Successful entrepreneur, started businesses from scratch on many occasions. Know the problems with planning and running a restaurant. Always independent operations and not the product of chain restaurants.

As an author of The Restaurant Ebook, A Guide to Keeping Your Dream Off the Chopping Block, I have helped hundreds of restaurateurs to market and run a better restaurant.For more information visit or

Attended Ohio State University and have gone through many extended classes relating to marketing and management. Written many courses and training manuals.
Currently building fourth restaurant and created a blog to keep track of daily activities. Readers can see the various steps from leasing to opening. Visit